Immigration advice and support

International students require a Student Route Visa in order to study in the UK. The Immigration and Compliance Team will issue your CAS and provide advice and support to assist you to apply for your visa.

After you enrol for your course the Immigration and Compliance team will be on hand to answer your immigration-related enquiries and resolve any issues that may arise with your visa.

The Immigration and Compliance Team issues Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) documents to prospective students and provides a comprehensive immigration and compliance advice service to current and prospective students, staff and graduates of Screen Film School.



EEA, EU and Swiss nationals holding Pre-Settled Status or Settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme are permitted to study in the UK.

Prospective students holding either Pre-Settled Status or Settled Status will be required to provide Screen and Film School with evidence of their immigration status in line with right to study requirements.

For further information on the EU Settlement Scheme please see the weblinks below:–Advice/EU-EEA–Swiss-Students/Brexit—EU-Settlement-Scheme

We are excited to welcome you to Screen and Film School and look forward to you arriving in the UK to begin your studies with us in September 2024.

As an international student, it is likely that you will require a visa to study in the UK. Most international students at Screen and Film School will require a Student Route Visa. You can confirm whether you need a visa and the visa category you should apply to by clicking on the link here.

If you require a Student Route Visa, you can get detailed information about eligibility and requirements here.

For information about how to apply for a Student Route Visa outside the UK please see the link here.

How do I apply to SFS and get a CAS?

Step 1: Apply to our International Admissions Team. You can apply to Screen and Film School by clicking here.

Step 2: Pay your tuition fees and deposit. Information about your tuition fee and deposit requirements will be available on your offer letter.

Please see detailed tuition fee information here.

You can make deposit and tuition fee payments here.

Step 3: Ensure that you meet Student Route Visa requirements. The key requirements are:

Academic: Please ensure that you meet Screen and Film School’s academic entry requirements. Please see here for detailed information on our academic entry requirements

English Language: You can evidence that you meet the English Language requirement for a Student Route Visa in a number of ways. Screen and Film School’s English language requirements can be viewed here.

Financial: You must have sufficient funds as specified by the UK Immigration Rules to finance your studies and living expenses in the UK while you are studying in the UK.

Information about these requirements can be viewed here in the ‘Financial Requirements’ section:

Step 4: Successfully complete Screen and Film School’s pre-CAS checks. For further information about these checks please contact the Immigration and Compliance Team at [email protected]

Step 5: The Immigration and Compliance Team issue your CAS!

Step 6: Apply for your Student Route Visa.

Step 7: Travel to the UK AFTER you have received your visa

Subject to extenuating circumstances, BIMM University’s CAS issuing timetable for international students commencing a course in September 2023 on a course at our BIMM Institute Colleges is as follows:

CAS issuing window opens for Postgraduate students: Monday 4th March 2024

CAS Issuing window opens for Undergraduate students: Monday 11th March 2024

CAS issuing window closes: Friday 16th August 2024

The window for issuing CAS to late applicants begins Monday 21st August and is scheduled to end on Thursday 30th August 2024*.

*Please note that any applicants who anticipate that they will require a CAS after Thursday 31st August 2023 should contact the International Admissions Team at [email protected] to discuss their individual circumstances. BIMM University will endeavour to facilitate late international applicants requiring a CAS wherever possible.

The Induction periods for the courses are as follows:

Postgraduate students: Monday 2nd September to Friday 20th September 2024

Undergraduate students: Monday 9th September to Friday 20th September 2024 

Teaching Begins: Monday 23rd September 2024

Last date for enrolment: Friday 11th October 2024*

*This date is subject to change at any time at the discretion of BIMM University

Screen and Film School will permit you to enroll for your course if you hold a valid UK visa that permits you to study on a full-time basis in the UK. You must abide by the conditions of your visa throughout your stay in the UK.

During your entire period of study at Screen and Film School you must:

  • Ensure that you comply with all Academic Regulations for current students.
  • Attend all classes and report any absences in accordance with Screen and Film School’s Engagement Policy.
  • Apply for an authorised absence via your Student Services Team in accordance with our Engagement Policy.
  • Inform your local Student Services and the Immigration and Compliance Team if you wish to change course.
  • Ensure that you do not work more than 20 hours per week in term time.
  • Regularly check your Screen and Film School Student email account.
  • Ensure that you regularly update the Immigration and Compliance Team with your UK contact telephone number and personal email address.
  • If your address in the UK changes you must immediately inform the Immigration and Compliance Team.
  • Inform the Home Office of your new address.
  • If applicable – update your Police Registration Certificate with your new address.
  • If you obtain a new passport, email a scanned copy of the title page of your passport to the Immigration and Compliance team.
  • If you intend to change your visa or immigration category, please discuss this with the Immigration and Compliance team in advance of any change.
  • Ensure that you do not overstay your visa.

In the summer of 2021, the UK Government opened a new visa category called the Graduate Route Visa. The Graduate Route Visa enables graduates to remain in the UK for two years after they complete their course and work in the UK without the need for a sponsoring employer.

Graduate Route Visa holders are permitted to work in the UK. This includes self-employment and voluntary work. However, work as a professional sportsperson is prohibited.

All Screen and Film School Students holding a valid Student Route or Tier 4 Visa who successfully complete either an undergraduate or master’s degree at Screen and Film School are eligible to apply for a Graduate Route Visa.

You can get detailed information about detailed requirements for this visa route and guidance on how to apply here.

You can learn more about the Graduate Route Visa by viewing the UK Council for International Student Affairs webinar on this visa category here.

Please note that in Semester 2 all final year undergraduate students and master’s students will be invited to attend a Webinar on the Graduate Route Visa delivered by the Immigration and Compliance Team. At this Webinar we will provide detailed information about how to successfully apply for your Graduate Route Visa. Please make sure you attend!

We are here to help!

If you have any questions about UK immigration requirements, applying for your Student Route Visa or questions about your visa while you are studying at Screen and Film School, please do not hesitate to contact the Immigration and Compliance Team.

We are here to help and will provide you with accurate and timely immigration advice.

Phone: +441273 840346

Email: [email protected]

© 2024 Screen and Film School
All Rights Reserved