Industry Networking Event by the sea hosted by Screen and Film School Brighton
Screen and Film School Brighton recently welcomed an array of official film industry partners and special guests to their annual Industry Networking event, which took place on Brighton’s sunny seafront.
Opportunities to engage with the UK film and TV industry are a key aspect of student life at Screen and Film School Brighton. And a recent networking event held on Brighton beach saw a mix of undergraduates and alumni from the college turning out in force to mingle and connect with some of the college’s numerous industry partners.
Taking place at Ohso Social, the annual event was attended by a host of industry specialists including TV and film directors, writers, editors, art directors, agents, actors and producers, including representatives from companies such as:
- Picturehouse Cinemas
- Plug In Media – BAFTA-winning digital production company
- Be The Fox – Award-winning creative and production studio
- The Edit – TV Post-Production
- Virtual Post – TV Post-Production
- Screendog – Independent production company
- Seventh Art – Leading arts, history and societal documentary production company
- Factory Films – Broadcast shows, performance capture and branded content productions
- Trailer Farm – Full-service creative agency and production house
- Viv Loves Film – Literary agent, franchise specialists in book to screen and stage.
- Llewellyn Associates – Agent
Fiona Adams, Industry and Careers Coordinator at Screen and Film School Brighton, reflected on the successful event:
“Our networking event last night exemplified everything that the Screen and Film School industry engagement team is about – creating positive opportunities for our students to confidently make industry introductions and connections that will have a discernible long-lasting impact on their career development into TV, Film and Digital media production.”
College Principal, Itziar Leighton, added:
“The relationship we have with our industry partners forms the foundation of our work at Screen and Film School. We are so grateful to have such supportive, engaged partners who have a genuine interest in enhancing our students career prospects. What makes Brighton unique is its creative professionals, who add vibrancy and opportunity within a truly collaborative community.”
The industry team at Screen and Film School Brighton is busy programming yet another bespoke calendar of exclusive Masterclasses, tech talks, industry workshops and site visits for our students in 2022. We look forward to keeping you updated with exciting event announcements as they happen.
Follow us on social media for more exciting updates from our industry engagement team.